July 20, 2011

Pressing the "Submit" button

As I mentioned in the last post I did, my PI is gone on vacation and I've been working my butt off with a number of different experiments.  Today, I finish the last experiment we need to submit our latest paper.  The problem is that she's out of the country... leaving me to submit the paper.

She sure didn't seem to have any problems with me submitting the paper.  Maybe I should take that as a sign that she trusts me to do this on my own...  But it's still freaking me out.  What if I upload the wrong file?  Did I choose the right keywords?  Is my new figure "pretty" enough?  I shouldn't be worried since it's not an enormous paper, and it's not going to a super-high impact journal.  Still, it's my first time...

Submitting this paper is scary and fun at the same time.  I guess it's a good experience for the future, regardless of how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment