June 28, 2013

A Potential Rejuvenation

Although I'm not going to make any promises, I'm going to try my hardest to update this little blog a little more frequently.  As I near the end of my PhD (how in the world did that happen?), I'm realizing that I need to concentrate a little more on my writing, be that at the professional level of writing papers and proposals (and a thesis!) or in simple blog posts.  Walking into lab this morning, I realized that the amount of time I spend writing is abysmal and that I really only write when I must.  Since that's probably not going to fly too well with a future employer, I feel that writing more frequently in this blog might be just the remedy, regardless of how few people actually will ever see these words.

That being said, I'm not sure of how best to approach a "reboot," as I hate them as much as the next person. Since my last posts on this blog, I've matured into a much different person and scientist - much calmer, more cynical, and even more disgruntled.  The last few years of graduate school have been a whirlwind of chaos that has taught me many valuable life lessons and has beaten every once of creativity out of my brain.  I both hate it and love it at the same time.

Let's suffice it to say that papers have been published, conferences have been attended, and proposals have been written.  I'm not going to go into gory details of any of those aspects since, quite frankly, no one wants to read that information.

In the future, I hope to further explore what's been going on in and out of the lab, as well as topics that have been bothering me, such as finding that elusive post-doctoral job and not bursting into tears when an experiment fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment