June 8, 2011

The most frustrating part...

I hate office politics.  I hate when these politics are distracting and needless.  I hate that if I don't send the right email at the right time with the right words in the right order, I may have offended someone.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, mostly because I've gotten some heat for writing an email and not being appropriate (apparently).  I certainly don't know who I could have offended, but I suppose if my email was taken the wrong way, maybe it could have been misconstrued.  In reality, this is ridiculous, and I shouldn't be wasting my time even thinking about the repercussions of saying "Hi" in an email versus "Good Morning" or "Hello."  Nor should anyone waste time being offended by my improper greeting.

But alas, I'm even writing a blog post about it.

From now on, I'm going to start all my emails with one of the following:

1) Yo
2) What's up
3) Heeeeeyyyy (for more formal situations)

This will solve all problems.  Certainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment